Hogwarts Magic Realm
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Hogwarts Magic Realm

AcasaAcasa  asdasdasdasd  Ultimele imaginiUltimele imagini  ÎnregistrareÎnregistrare  ConectareConectare  
Welcome to Hogwarts magic Realm. Please register, after that get sorted or get a job and enjoy your time in the magic world. Don’t forget that this is a post-potter forum that means you won’t be able to role play as any of the characters from the books, just use your imagination and create your own. We advice everyone to take a look at the rules and guides before starting their role playing experience. For any questions just pm the Staff Team

We are happy to have you with us,
HMR Team
Rules | Sorting Hat | Adult Application | Students Guide | Adult Graduated Guide | Jobs | Claim a Face | Spell Book | Quidditch Guide | Diagon Alley | Forum Absence | F.A.Q
Lesson Two Homework Gryffi10
305 Points
Lesson Two Homework Untitl11
297 Points
Lesson Two Homework Ravenc10
145 Points
Lesson Two Homework Huffle10
40 Points
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
RanklistHarry Potter TopsitesRPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY
© Hogwarts Magic Realm –Do not copy ,everything on this forum was created thanks to the imagination of the two general admins and all the graphics are custom made for this forum
© SideBar Graphics by bloomsindark
© Header by allie-saurus
© Skin by hitskins
© Signature and Avatars by RedCarpet

Lesson Two Homework

In jos 
+3
James Riddle
Kim Frey
Ambrosius Umbranox
7 participanți
AutorMesaj
Ambrosius Umbranox

Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Galleons: 135
House:
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Lesson Two Homework Empty
MesajSubiect: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptySam Noi 12, 2011 7:47 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson Two Homework

After finishing your homework, just post it here by replying to this thread. At the beginning of our next lesson, we will correct what you had to do and I will award House Points depending on how seriously you have done your homework.

Your homework for lesson three is the following: with the help of the chapter on the Knock-back Jinx in the Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), write 6 inches of parchment on the following subject: Is the Knock-back jinx the most effective weapon when defending against the Dark Arts?

The next Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson will start in several days, so please do your homework as soon as you can.
Sus In jos
Kim Frey

Kim Frey

My Character
Galleons: 205
House:
Activity: Slytherin - Year I, Radio Worker, Three Broomsticks Innkeeper

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptyJoi Noi 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Is the Knock-back jinx the most effective weapon when defending against the Dark Arts?

The Knockback jinx is used to knock-back an opponent, crash some pots and jars and turn some switches on the other state. The incantation of this jinx is Flipendo and has the wand movement like making a cursive V with a hook in its top. This spell is one of the basic spells taught to wizards and witches in their first year.

Flipendo Tria is the spell higher than Flipendo which produces a little tornado from the caster's wand.

These charms can also defeat some creatures most specifically the Imps, Pixies and Fire Crabs.

They also produce and orange or blue light.

Is the Knock-back jinx the most effective weapon when defending the Dark Arts? No. Knockback jinx can be easily deflected by casting a very simple shield or disarming charm. Yes, it can also defend yourself from the creatures that might be living in the Forbidden Forest, there are still too many creatures around Hogwarts and even around our own home.

Knockback jinx just knock-back objects and creatures which, eventually, might have the chance to attack the victim again.

Sus In jos
http://www.existingalterego.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
Galleons: 0
House:
Activity: Banned

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptyVin Noi 18, 2011 1:15 pm

The Knock-back jinx is a spell whose effect, as its name indicates, is to knock objects or creatures back. The required incantation is Flipendo and the needed wand movement should be in the shape of a V with a small wave at the end. This spell, despite being on the most basic weapons in any wizard’s or witch’s arsenal, can be quite useful against some types of dark creatures. However, can we say that the Knock-back Jinx is the most effective way to defend oneself from the Dark Arts?

At first sight, this spell seems to be quite helpful in some perilous situations. First of all, it is a very simple spell to learn, which explains the fact that it is taught in first year Defence Against the Dark Arts class. This means that it is at the reach of any wizards or witch to learn it and to master it, being able to use it perfectly in the face of danger. It therefore constitutes a first shield against the Dark Arts. Furthermore, this jinx is particularly effective when dealing with specific creatures. For example, it is very well capable of defeating Imps, Fire Crabs and Pixies, as well as other beings that dwell in the Forbidden Forest. Moreover, even if the basic form of the spell is not extremely powerful, there are a few other variations that considerably enhance the jinx’s effectiveness. It can indeed be charged up using the Flipendo Tria incantation.

However, the Knock-back jinx also has a few weaknesses. First, it can quite easily be deflected by a simple Shield or Disarming charm, which means that it is quite ineffective when facing a relatively experienced wizard or witch. Then, it can be quite unhelpful when dealing with physically imposing opponents, as it would be very difficult to gather enough energy in the spell to knock-back heavy foes, such as a troll. Furthermore, even the powered up version of the jinx has a disadvantage: it can backfire if not executed perfectly, in other words if the caster releases the spell after the point when it turns red-purple. For all these reasons, the Knock-back jinx doesn’t appear to be the most effective weapon when dealing with the Dark Arts, and there seem to be more useful ones, as the Disarming Charm for example.
Sus In jos
Richard Adlard

Richard Adlard

My Character
Galleons: 61
House:
Activity: Slytherin - Year I

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptyJoi Noi 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Is the Knock-back jinx the most effective weapon when defending against the Dark Arts?

The Knock-back jinx is a simple and basic spell used to blast creatures or opponents. It is executed with the incantation Flipendo accompanied with the proper wand movement, a V shaped motion with a hook at its end. This charm presents several advantages that make it an effective weapon against the Dark Arts. First, when you succeed to knock back a foe, it makes it quite inoffensive and unable to react for a certain time, giving the caster the upper hand, enabling him or her to cast another spell while the opponent is on the ground. Also, if the caster finds this version of the spell too weak, he or she can choose to cast Flipendo Tria, which creates a miniature tornado, knocking back anyone or anything who stands in its way. There is also a way to duplicate the power of the basic spell, casting three Flipendo charms at the same time. This is extremely useful when fighting multiple opponents.

However, despite its utility when dealing with some creatures, the Knock-back Jinx also has many limits, and it is surely not the most effective spell a wizard or witch can use in a dangerous situation. If the wizard or witch is advanced, he or she can block it or deflect it with a simple Expelliarmus or Protego spell. Other charms can therefore be considered as the most effective weapon when dealing with the Dark Arts. The Stupefy charm appears to be very useful for instance, considering that if it is successful, the opponent is unconscious, making him a very easy target for the caster afterwards, even if this spell can also be deflected by the Shield Charm.
Sus In jos
William Bill Macgonagall

William Bill Macgonagall

My Character
Galleons: 155
House:
Activity: Gryffindor - Year I

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptySam Noi 26, 2011 12:10 am

Kncokback Jinx is easiest jinx in the book. It is used to knock back opponent. Its incantation is Flipendo and is usually learned first in DADA classes. Since it is one of the basic spells its mastery is required to progress to further levels. Also it is very useful since it can effectively bring opponent to the ground and can be used for disarming. Also if we are facing non human opponents without capabilities to deflect this jinx and return with the next this can be useful for clearing our path because this jinx will remove animals and other creatures of darkness from our path. Also this can be useful when combined with lumos or lumos maxima, whereas lumos blinds and stuns opponent for a second (since it bright light has that effect on creatures of darkness when we are fighting in the total darkness) and this jinx will remove them form our path and defeat them. This jinx is one of the basics and weakest ones, but it has its strongest version learned on second year. That version creates one small tornado that can be even useful against much stronger enemies. So just like lumos maxima it has its booster which makes this jinx very useful in day to day use. Its use can be overrun in regular use by the use of depulso spell which pushes object to the side and defeats the purpose of using knockback jinx to move stuff over, but since depulso cannot be used in combat on the live opponent, stronger version of this spell keeps being as useful as it was on the first day. Since this spell is taught to young student it is very important for them to master them, solely for the purpose of mastering something and to be familiar with the concept.
Sus In jos
Eliza Parkinson

My Character
Galleons: 70
House:
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year I

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptyLun Dec 05, 2011 9:49 am

The knock back jinx is an easy simple spell used to knock back objects or creatures. The knock back jinx is the easiest jinx in the book. It is one of the first spells taught in dada. The incantation is flipendo and the movement is a v shape and a light wave at the end.

Flipendo tria is the higher spell which produces a small tornado from the wand of the casters.

These charms can also defeat Imps, Pixies and Fire Crabs.

A simple shield or disarming charm can easily deflect the knock back jinx because it is not strong enough to work during disarming charms or shield.

Sorry its late and a bit rushed but i had to help dumbledore tidy up the office and didn't have time to do more
Sus In jos
Keith Parker

Keith Parker

My Character
Galleons: 135
House:
Activity: Gryffindor - Year I, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework EmptyDum Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

(Sorry I'm late on homework)

Although the Knock-Back Jinx is a very useful spell when dueling with an opponent, I wouldn't say it's the most effective when defending against the Dark Arts. There are many other spells that can be used for defending against the Dark Arts, a few of them are more useful than the Knock-Back Jinx. I'm not saying that the Knock-Back Jinx is entirely useless, as of course many of the most famous wizards and witches have used them in duels. But there are many more important spells, charms, and jinxes that could help better when battling against the Dark Arts. But of course, if you are a young wizard or witch such as a first year, the Knock-Back Jinx would be the simplest to use if you happened to be in danger. As for older wizards or witches, they could use more full-proof spells that would most likely help them better than a jinx that a first year would use. My point, the Knock-Back jinx, in my opinion, is not the most effective weapon when defending against the Dark Arts.
Sus In jos
Continut sponsorizat

MesajSubiect: Re: Lesson Two Homework   Lesson Two Homework Empty

Sus In jos

Lesson Two Homework
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» Lesson One Homework
» lesson 1 homework about ageing potion
» Lesson Four
» Lesson One
» Day one Lesson one

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
Hogwarts Magic Realm :: Hogwarts Classes :: Defence Against the Dark Arts :: Homework Folder-
Mergi direct la: