Hogwarts Magic Realm
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Hogwarts Magic Realm

AcasaAcasa  asdasdasdasd  Ultimele imaginiUltimele imagini  ÎnregistrareÎnregistrare  ConectareConectare  
Welcome to Hogwarts magic Realm. Please register, after that get sorted or get a job and enjoy your time in the magic world. Don’t forget that this is a post-potter forum that means you won’t be able to role play as any of the characters from the books, just use your imagination and create your own. We advice everyone to take a look at the rules and guides before starting their role playing experience. For any questions just pm the Staff Team

We are happy to have you with us,
HMR Team
Rules | Sorting Hat | Adult Application | Students Guide | Adult Graduated Guide | Jobs | Claim a Face | Spell Book | Quidditch Guide | Diagon Alley | Forum Absence | F.A.Q
OOC/roleplaying awards section Gryffi10
305 Points
OOC/roleplaying awards section Untitl11
297 Points
OOC/roleplaying awards section Ravenc10
145 Points
OOC/roleplaying awards section Huffle10
40 Points
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
General Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
HMR.
Secondary Admin
RanklistHarry Potter TopsitesRPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY
© Hogwarts Magic Realm –Do not copy ,everything on this forum was created thanks to the imagination of the two general admins and all the graphics are custom made for this forum
© SideBar Graphics by bloomsindark
© Header by allie-saurus
© Skin by hitskins
© Signature and Avatars by RedCarpet

OOC/roleplaying awards section

In jos 
2 participanți
AutorMesaj
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
Galleons: 90
House:
Activity: Gryffindor - Year I

OOC/roleplaying awards section Empty
MesajSubiect: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptySam Dec 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Perhaps there should be an ooc section where not only people can discus ooc, how to roleplay, but also to award those who roleplay well or consistently, perhaps in the form of speical awards, such as "Best character development" award or "most aproachable" award, these would be given at the end of term/year. It could be decided by senior admins, or perphaps each moderator could come up with their own award/awards?

In addition points or galleons could be awarded to the winners. If this is to be implemented in anyway, then it MAY be worth creating a new thread in which suggestions for possible awards could be made? however having the award catergories secret may also be a good surprise.
Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
Galleons: 0
House:
Activity: Banned

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptySam Dec 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a great idea. We will definitely think about it. I also agree with the awards suggestions thread. However, having the administrators decide on the winners may be a bit too subjective. Maybe it would be better that the administrators nominate a certain number of members who were the best in that award category and then all the members on the forum can vote for the one they think should win. What do you think about that.
This suggestion is open for discussion so if any of you have anything to add about it, please feel free to do it.
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptySam Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

I think that every teacher, should get the priviledge of giving their own awards, (it could be named after themselves even such as e.g. "Terzic's Teapot"- for most creative transfiguration) teachers awards could be restricted to best effort, or best performance though, or they could have more than one award to give.

However it's clear to me we need ooc rewards such as "best character development", "most approachable"

I do not believe this can be done via a voting system between all members, I believe teachers should give their own award/awards, and for a senoir teacher/admin regular to give other awards, perhaps in council with other people such as teachers/staff/admins. (of course this would be done in a private awards decision section of the forum) I am still a newbie here so your opinion on which people should decide, beats mine.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, i only spell check rp
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptySam Dec 03, 2011 3:21 pm

I feel that a nomination and voting system of 4 nominated people or so, would work for less subjective, more generall awards such as "best character development" or "most friendly", however awards in school subjects like "highest effort in herbology" should be given by teachers.

I don't feel like the awards should involve any galleons though, just house points. That way there won't be as much envy and sense of missed opurtunity should you not get an award you were trying for. It would also add an element of house competetion.

By not using galleons as award prizes, it may also reduce the amount of favouritism. Not that im implying there is any.

Im just brainstorming here by the way.

As regards to what kind of awards we want, it may be a good idea, for anyone to put a list of potential awards they would like to see, and for the person/people creating the awards to draw inspiration from the list of potential awards.
Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptySam Dec 03, 2011 3:44 pm

So there would be a thread where everyone could suggest awards, and then the professors would draw inspiration from it to create awards for their own classes. I agree with you that the teachers should be the ones to decide who wins the award that they have created, since they should know best who was the most creative or efficient in their class. However, I just thought that for instance for the "best character development award", it is not easy to determine who is the winner, and that it would maybe be a bit restrictive that the admins and staff are the only ones to choose him or her. After all, everyone takes part in role-playing so I believe that all the members should be allowed to vote for that award. So maybe it would be best that the winners of the in-character awards are decided by professors and staff while for the ooc awards there is a vote (from several members nominated by the council of staff/teachers/admins). Why do you think that a voting system wouldn't work?
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyLun Dec 05, 2011 10:59 am

Having dwelled on this for a bit, I don't think i would be opposed to having a voting system in place. The disadvantages of this method now seem quite small, but still relevent.

When i suggested this idea it was only half formed and it didn't make complete sense to me, in my mind i used an analogy of when i used to get awards/certificates at primary school, the idea of ourselves voting for them seemed quite absurd. But thinking of it like an award ceremony (eg. Oscars), it makes more sense.

Potential drawbacks may include:

People may only vote for people they have roleplayed alot with

only some may end up voting, since i presume the voting will be held at the end of term/year, (some people may be inactive)

This may incourage multiple account creation

newbies, or people who do not have a clear understanding of everyones roleplaying may vote. (which may unfairly tip the scales

Non anonymous, may create tactical voting, with people changing their votes to so their 2nd or 3rd favourite, (to make sure the best between 2 people who are winning in the vote rankings

Non anonymous voting may also create a sense of obligation for some people to vote for those who voted for them.

Conclusion
As long as the voting is anonymous then I feel that this is an equally valid method.

Additionally on a side note mabye we should restrict who may vote, e.g. only staff/admin, or those people who have had a certain number of posts/been here for at least a month etc.. (this would be simliar to the way the Noble Peace Prize is awarded, from the voting of an elect few)
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyLun Dec 05, 2011 11:35 am

Aswell as awards, we could have Roleplayer of the week/month or even just Person of the week/month which would include, effectively moderating/creating parts of the website

roleplaying/website efforts would be appreciated/awarded, shown and stored. With the reason they recieved roleplaying/website person of the week/month e.g "because of a great first lesson teaching"

Mabye this should be in a seperate suggestion topic?, im not sure.
Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyMar Dec 06, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks for such a thorough analysis. Now concerning the problems that you pointed out. The voting would be anonymous, so that resolves a few difficulties. Then, I agree with you that we should only let the most active members and those who have been on the forum for some time vote, but I don't know if such limitations are possible to configure when creating a poll (in this case, we would need to find another way to vote). Also, concerning multiple accounts, we have ways to check that so it won't be a problem.
I equally agree with you on the idea of creating a Member of the month award, whose winner may be decided by the admins since it refers to moderating and creating new parts of the forum.
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyMar Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

regarding another way to vote, inorder to stop inactive members from voting. Could possibly a restricted entry be put on one of the topics, simliar to that put on common rooms, allowing only some people access to the polls.

Ideally access would be granted automaticly to a person who has over a certain number of posts, or reputation, I do not know if this is possible to set up.

If not, then there could be a secondary topic where people would post (register) if they meet the requirements, e.g. more than 100 postings, a moderator would check and then assign them access to the topic which has the poll inside. If the character becomes inactive, this privlledge could be removed, but i feel that would be not necessary

I do not know if this is possible, but this method would be completely anonymous.

I second but slightly mesy option would be for everyone to private message their vote to a trusted moderator, who would count the votes, and only accept those active member votes. This would not be completely anonymous, and would depend on the size of the inbox. Also it may be better for a seperate character/acount be set up, so that a members private message inbox dosn't clog up.
Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyMar Dec 06, 2011 10:08 am

Your first solution seems excellent to me. We can indeed create a forum which only members having a certain number of posts can access, and post a poll in in, guarantying that only those members would be able to vote. This would also make sure that the vote stays anonymous.
Sus In jos
Joshua Wardein

Joshua Wardein

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyMar Dec 06, 2011 12:52 pm

so, does someone have to approve this?

Will people be able to vote for themselves?

Should we only vote between 2 or 3 nominations, since there are few active members.

Will people be able see the voting results before voting?, seeing the vote rankings may alter their votes.

What happens in a draw??? (this is a real possibility due to few active members voting)

To help solve the problem of drawing we could:

having fewer nominations would result it in being less likely to be a draw.

Use an alternative voting system, this means giving a second choice, however i don't think this will work using another poll (second choice poll) since people will just vote for their first choice again.

They could just share the award

An appointed trusted moderater would have the deciding vote, this would not be anonymous

A second poll could be implemented just between the 2 of them, which means there could still be a draw,

Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyMier Dec 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Well, since we agreed on almost everything, I will create the forum soon and everyone will be able to post suggestions for awards.
Yes, 3 nominations seems best, and people can indeed vote for themselves. Concerning draws, I believe that having only 3 nominations will make them less likely to happen, but if they do, the two members can simply share the reward.
Sus In jos
James Riddle
Banned
Banned
James Riddle

My Character
House:

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section EmptyLun Dec 19, 2011 10:49 am

I made a forum for Awards, and I created a topic where everyone can suggest one: Awards Suggestions.
Sus In jos
Continut sponsorizat

MesajSubiect: Re: OOC/roleplaying awards section   OOC/roleplaying awards section Empty

Sus In jos

OOC/roleplaying awards section
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» Awards
» Awards Suggestions

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
Hogwarts Magic Realm :: Welcome :: Suggestion Corner :: Sent for Discussion-
Mergi direct la: